The Intros Round is the second round on Never Mind the Buzzcocks.
Instructions[edit | edit source]
The captain and guest closest to the host attempt to copy two (formerly three or four) intros from a song as best as they can so the remaining team member can guess the song. To get the point the team member only needs to name the song, but most give the artists as well.
Process[edit | edit source]
Here is the process of what happens in the Intros round:
- The host introduces the intros round.
- The host gives the two nearest panel members on one team a silver envelope containing the name of the song intros they need to perform.
- The teams agree on how they will perform the intro.
- They perform the intro.
- The remaining team member gives their guess.
- If it's right the host will tell them and the real intro is played. If it's wrong the host will either pass it over to the other team or just say it's wrong and play the real intro.
- The process (between 2 and 6) is repeated for the rest of the intros.
- The host will make jokes about both the real artists.
Classic Moments[edit | edit source]
- Mani, bassist for The Stone Roses and Primal Scream correctly guessing the Stone Roses hit Fool's Gold, declaring "I know this one! I've heard this somewhere before!"
- Seah Hughes' hissing, trying to sound like a tambourine for the intro to the Oasis song Cigarettes & Alcohol, and Phill and Mark's aside to Sean about how the Salvation Army would never sell any copies of War Cry magazine if they left their tambourines at home.
See also[edit | edit source]
|Rounds in Never Mind the Buzzcocks|
Do You Know Who I Am? · Do You Really Want To Hurt Me? · Mama Said Knock You Out · Sorry No Refunds · What Have We Pixellated? · Freeze Frame · Band Names · Word Up · Woop Woop! That's the Sound of da Police!